Commissioner Ortega has been working…
- To improve and increase transit opportunities in the East Metro, Ramsey County opened the Union Depot for business in 2013 and is serving the Green Line LRT and Amtrak in 2014. Rafael serves as the Co-Chair of the Gateway Corridor (Gold Line) connecting to Hudson in the east, and chairs the Riverview Corridor Policy Advisory Committee leading to the Airport.
- To innovatively provide services to our most vulnerable, Commissioner Ortega worked with mental health and chemical dependency experts and local hospitals to create “402 University” a first of its kind facility that delivers these critical services under one roof.
- To redevelop key parcels, create jobs and reduce the tax burden on current taxpayers in Ramsey County, the Ramsey County Board bought the former Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant and will cleaned up all 427 acres and hope to put it on the tax rolls soon. Also, as County Facilities Chair Rafael is working to redevelop the old jail and West Publishing Building.
- To protect sex trafficking victims, Commissioner Ortega passed a statewide resolution at the Association of MN Counties supporting providing support and taking away criminal penalties for these victims.
- To promote humane values, Rafael hosted a fundraiser against the Voter ID Amendment and sponsored a strong resolution against it on the Board. He recorded a video and financially supported Families United in 2012 and 2013. In 2018 he hosted a fundraiser for Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief. With your help, Rafael will work to increase turnout in low-voter communities to help elect Tim Walz Governor, elect Senator Smith and re-elect Senator Klobuchar!
Prepared and Paid for by Friends for Ortega – 929 Summit Ave, #1, Saint Paul, MN 55105